Skip to content
- Botox is the most effective treatment for wrinkles on the forehead, crows feet. and to provide a nice eyebrow lift.
- It has been used safely in medicine for over 20 years.
- It works by relaxing the muscles and thus stop the formation of wrinkles.
- Your body has enzymes that will break down Botox. Thus the effect of Botox will wear off after about 3 months.
- Women who have Botox treatments regularly are able to stretch out the treatment time. Some women after a few years are able to stretch out the Botox treatments to every 6 months.
- It is more effective to treat wrinkles before they become deep and permanent. If you can make Botox part of your regular maintenance program, then you can prevent deep wrinkles.
- When Botox is done well, you should look refreshed and it would be difficult for people to notice that you’ve had a treatment.
- Fillers are a clear gel which consists of Hyaluronic acid. We have a lot of this substance when we are young, thus our skin looks nice and plump. We lose this substance as we get older.
- Fillers are great to treat deep lines in the lower part of the face such as:
- The nasal labial folds (which run from the corners of the nose to the mouth)
- The marionette’s line ( which run from the corners of the mouth to the chin)
- Fillers can also be used to plump up the lips and correct the lines above the lips. As we age, we lose volume in our lips and the lips thin out. In my experience, most women only want to restore a bit of volume in their lips and look refreshed. Most women do not want to walk out with very big un-natural looking lips. After the lip treatment, women often tell me that they enjoy wearing lipstick again because their lips have more shape and definition.
- Fillers are also very good to restore your cheeks. As we age, we lose volume in our cheeks and they flatten. A cheek volumising treatment would provide an immediate refreshed look.
- Fillers come in different consistencies and can last from 6 to 18 months
- Remember to discuss your individual needs with the doctor to work out the best solution for you.