“When your teeth need cleaning, you go to the dentist. When carpets need cleaning, we vacuum them. When your car is dirty, it gets washed. What about your skin?”
Microhydrabrasion is a two stage treatment using specialised equipment operated by a skilled and trained operator. In the first stage, your skin undergoes a thorough exfoliation . In the second stage your pores and follicles are cleared out using water and aloe vera. This is a truly soothing and refreshing treatment that cleans your skin much more deeply than a facial.
To maintain healthy clean skin, you should have a microhydrabrasion treatment every four to six weeks.
Facial peels can be classified as superficial, medium or deep. Most often, facial peels are used to treat sun-damaged skin with mild wrinkling, uneven skin tone, and acne scarring. Results include a more even skin tone, tighter skin and less acne/ acne scars.
The facial peels available at our clinic include:
- Power pumpkin peel: this is a superficial peel containing 40% pumpkin pulp, 10% glycolic acid, 10% lactic acid and 2% salicylic acid. This is effective for acne. There is little peeling with this.
- Glycolic peels: 30-50%. These are superficial peels that would generate results for mature skin and people who do not want to have a lot of peeling. These pleels will improve skin tone and texture.
- Jessner’s peel: this is a medium peel that would benefit people who have a lot of pigmentations and uneven skin tone. It will produce a lot of peeling which will remove the pigmentations. Most people prefer to have this peel done at the end of the week so that they can rest and recover on the weekend before going back to work.
Dermaroller/ Skin needling
Skin needling is a proven method for improving acne scarring as well as the look and lustre of your skin.
During the treatment, a roller covered in micro-needles is rolled across the skin surface repeatedly, creating thousands of miniscule pinprick wounds, known as micro-injuries. The skin naturally heals itself by laying down new collagen, resulting in smoother, firmer and younger-looking skin. Thus another name for this treatment is collagen induction therapy.
- A topical anaesthetic cream is applied prior to treatment.
- There is a downtime of about 2-3 days.
- This is a safe treatment for all skin types, including darker skin. There have been no serious side effects reported.
- It takes about 6 weeks to see the results but the process will continue for months after, providing a gradual and long lasting enhancement.
For facial rejuvenation, it is recommended that you start with 3 treatments, with a minimum of 6 to 8 weeks between treatments. For Scar Reduction Therapy an average of 3 to 5 treatments are recommended, with an improvement of 70-80%.